|Posted on February 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM|
This month to tie in with the Exmoor Food Festival http://www.exmoorfoodfest.com we are featuring lots of chefs/restaurants and mentioning local producers too that supply local keeping good food traceable and sustainable. Click into ABOUT TOWN to hear these. To date we have the great pleasure of talking to:
- Andrew Dixon from http://www.cafeporlockweir.co.uk championing local grade A oysters from http://www.porlockbayoysters.co.uk a community project set up by Porlock Parish Council, which will feature on his festival menu 2 courses £10 or 3 for £15.
- Olivier Certain from award winning http://www.clavelshaybarn.co.uk who also teaches the catering students at Petroc College
- Claire Lynch from http://www.claires.kitchen near Dunster who is cooking for the Oriental Banquet at Knowle Manor and catering to include frozen home delivery meals and her soon to be launched secret dining! She also knows a thing or two about how to heal gout through diet and is writing a book with recipes for this all to common problem.
- Sam Salway is head chef at the newly refurbished http://www.thejubileeinn.co.uk in West Anstey 15 mins from Tiverton off the Link Road it has 5 interior designed rooms to stay in, very child and dog friendly too!
- Students at Petroc College have been talking to us telling us about the great courses available and the Exe Restaurant is open to the public on Wednesday and Friday this month it is American themed, click into Petroc on our home page for more details.
- Nick Mort from http://www.beambridgeinn.com who teaches at Petroc College too. Nick and The Beambridge do a great value carvery everyday based near to Wellington.
- Next up we have http://www.theswan.co/ in Bampton and http://www.hartnollhotel.co.uk/ in Tiverton and more to follow.